ADSM-L

Re: I/O errors

2003-10-14 11:38:57
Subject: Re: I/O errors
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:39:20 -0500
we are having similar problems.
Config is Win2K w/ TSM4.2.3.1 with IBM3583 and 6-LTO drives, SCSI direct
attached.

We get the same issues with all media mfg.'s we have used (IBM, HP, Imation,
Maxell).

I have a few Veritas BackupEXEC machines that use LTO.  I have had a couple
of tapes
where BUE indicates that the chip in the tape has gone bad.  I am wondering
if some of
the perceived errors are related to the chip.  I have never seen an
indication on any tape
in our TSM box that there is a problem with the RFID chip.

More suggestions?