ADSM-L

Subfile backups (or Adaptive Copy)

2003-10-14 11:30:19
Subject: Subfile backups (or Adaptive Copy)
From: Rowan O'Donoghue <R.ODonoghue AT UNITECH-IE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:31:25 +0100
All,

Have a customer looking at subfile backups for two webservers which are
hosted at a remote hosting facility and connected via a WAN.

We are looking at using subfile backups to enable these servers to
participate within the TSM hierarchy, but I want to get a feel of
real-world-experiences from people who are actually using it in production
at the moment.

What have been your main issues? (apart from the obvious being expanded
TSM processing time on the client, and slow restores).

Also, how have you sized the subfile cache area? Was there a rule of thumb
for this sizing?

thanks!

Rowan.