ADSM-L

Re: 'Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed' clarrification

2003-10-14 02:11:31
Subject: Re: 'Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed' clarrification
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:09:03 +1000
Gordon,

The data will stay in the existing storage pool until  it is moved
manually...

BTW: Rebinding applies to data retention (ie: number of versions and days
to keep), and actually refers to files being "re-attached" to a new
(different) management class.

So, changing the details of a management class doesnt cause rebinding (but
the new details apply to whatever is attached to that management class).

Changing your INCLUDE /filespec <MGMTCLASS> will result in files in
/filespec being changed to the new management class (aka rebinding), (or
changing your default management class) and thus be at the mercy of the
new retention details.

Hope this make sense...

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 14/10/2003
11:30:23 AM: