ADSM-L

Re: Client : MS Cluster active - active

2003-10-13 16:22:03
Subject: Re: Client : MS Cluster active - active
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:25:55 -0500
I would put the TSM scheduler into cluster administrator, because that
essentially stops/starts the scheduler service for you when you do a
failover.  Follow the instructions in one of the appendixes of the client
manual.  Should take care of the problem.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             "Ochs, Duane"
             <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT CO
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Client : MS Cluster active -
                                       active

             10/13/2003 02:30
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Each time it has happened both systems eventually were rebooted and had the
same results. 1) Blaster virus 2) security patches and 3) SP update.

It occured each time and I do not always get notified when our Intel
servers
group performs these functions.

We do not have the two schedulers configured as cluster services, but TSM
is
aware that they are a clustered system.

I reviewed the dsmsched.log to find that only 4 files were scanned and 4
were backed up. Out of 1.4 million.

Duane