ADSM-L

Re: Backup Stgpool Process hangs, not cancelable

2003-10-12 17:23:43
Subject: Re: Backup Stgpool Process hangs, not cancelable
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:20:48 +0300
Have you looked at the value of "Current Physical File" - it is 55,767,181,387.
TSM Server does not increment the "Bytes Backed Up" value until the
transaction finishes and it may take a lot of time (calculate yourself how
much should take 55 GB with your tape technology). Whatever number of
times you query, the result will be the same - the file is not yet
successfully backed up. And if there is some unsatisfied mount request
pending, it may even finish with failure.
If you issue the "cancel process" command, the cancel is pending but the
process ends again after transaction completion.

On the end if you had not enough patience to wait for the successful
completion, the only method for force-cancel of the process is to use
command "halt"! Sorry, no better answer.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Gerd Becker <Gerd.Becker AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
12.10.2003 11:23