ADSM-L

Backup Stgpool Process hangs, not cancelable

2003-10-12 04:26:02
Subject: Backup Stgpool Process hangs, not cancelable
From: Gerd Becker <Gerd.Becker AT EMPRISE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 10:23:35 +0200
Hi TSM'ers,

my daily backup storagepool works fine since yesterday. The process
started with a central script. All storage pools are copied fine during a
few minutes. But the last of them, TAPE_BACKUP_001, probably the biggest
will not finish for more then 20 hours. I queried the process severalt
times, but there is no change in the current physical File bytes. So I
tried to canel the process. The command was accepted, but the process
doesn't stop.

 Process Process Description  Status
  Number
-------- --------------------
     455 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool TAPE_BACKUP_001, Copy Pool
                               COPY_BACKUP, Files Backed Up: 26036, Bytes

                               Backed Up: 1,011,460,904, Unreadable Files:
0,
                               Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical File

                               (bytes): 55,767,181,387
Current input volume:
                               000082.
Current output volume: 000026.

-> I tried it again:
ANR0941I CANCEL PROCESS: Cancel for process 455 is already pending.

-> I put the status of the volume to unavailable - command refused:

ANR2405E UPDATE VOLUME: Volume 000082 is currently in use by clients
and/or data management operations.
ANR2212I UPDATE VOLUME: No volumes updated.

-> I looked for locks:
show locks:
Lock hash table contents (slots=510):

slot -> 181:
LockDesc: Type=17011, NameSpace=0, SummMode=sLock, Key='+PD_MAIN_WE'
  Holder: Tsn=0:11807906, Mode=sLock
slot -> 274:
LockDesc: Type=17011, NameSpace=0, SummMode=sLock, Key='+PD_BKUP_STG_ALL'
  Holder: Tsn=0:11807912, Mode=sLock
slot -> 383:
LockDesc: Type=34040, NameSpace=319, SummMode=xLock, Key='11.0'
  Holder: Tsn=0:11928737, Mode=xLock
LockDesc: Type=17011, NameSpace=0, SummMode=sLock, Key='+PD_BKUP_STG'
  Holder: Tsn=0:11809139, Mode=sLock

My Question: Has anyone a idea, how I can stop this process without shut
down the server?

Thank you for Help

Regards

Gerd Becker, Emprise Network Consulting