ADSM-L

Re: icon disappeared from upgrading to TSM 5.2.0.3

2003-10-10 16:52:56
Subject: Re: icon disappeared from upgrading to TSM 5.2.0.3
From: "Darby, Mark" <Mark.Darby AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:50:37 -0400
Hello, Eliza.

Yes, I have also seen this behavior (with the 5.2.0.1 client).

Regarding the Client Acceptor Daemon (CAD) listening on port 1581, after
running the wizard, I change the MANAGEDSERVICES statement in dsm.opt from
"WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE" to simply "SCHEDULE" (because, of course, I use the CAD
service to manage the Scheduler service).  The last time I checked, this
prevents the CAD from listening on that port.

In addition, by the way, if you "simply install" the LVSA/OFS client code
(like I have done, intending to use it later - perhaps), you must also
actually use it (i.e., properly configure and start the LVSA service),
otherwise the client will emit messages like the following:

ANS1228E Sending of object '\\host\x$' failed
ANS1377E Unable to perform operation using a point-in-time copy of the
filesystem on '\\host\x$'. The backup/archive operation will continue
without snapshot support.

...not that the last item has any bearing whatsoever on your question, but I
thought it might be of interest to you.

Regards,
Mark