ADSM-L

DRM under Linux

2003-10-10 15:29:58
Subject: DRM under Linux
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:28:07 -0400
We are looking into the possibility of migrating our OS/390 TSM
server to mainframe Linux. I just looked at the "Administrator's
Reference" to find out whether a 'move drmedia' command under Linux
would eject tapes from our library. I was surprised to find 'move
drmedia' absent from the list of administrator commands. Further
checking revealed that 'prepare', the various 'insert' commandss,
and the queries related to DRM were also absent. Did IBM really
decide to omit DRM from the Linux server implementation?