ADSM-L

Re: Scratch's low

2003-10-10 11:58:52
Subject: Re: Scratch's low
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:57:06 -0500
From: William Rosette [mailto:Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM]
>We have a script that does our daily backups, and with DRM piece with
TSM.  We are currently at 34 Scratch tapes and sending 15-20 tapes offsite.
2 days left of scratches.  I have been running reclamation on COPYPOOL at
hi=50, and a move data on tapes that are 0-18% pct util and volume
status=full.  Can't figure what outgoing more than incoming, any helpers
out there.<

First approximation says that you're backing up significantly more data now
than you did previously. Check your dsmaccnt.log. (You do have accounting
turned on, don't you?)

How many reclaimed tapes come back from your vault on a daily basis? Are any of
your reclaimed tapes in PENDING mode? What percentage of your copy pool tapes
have less than 45% occupancy?

Don't get in the habit of regularly running MOVE DATAs. If you're required to
do that on a regular basis to keep room in the library, and everything else is
running well, you have a resource constraint in your library that is only
solvable with a larger library.