ADSM-L

Re: Mkcd-AIX help

2003-10-09 13:26:49
Subject: Re: Mkcd-AIX help
From: "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:24:52 -0500
Dan

Please reply to the point.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Foster [mailto:dsf AT gblx DOT net]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 11:30 AM
To: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager

Hot Diggety! PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) was rumored to have written:

> Please excuse me for asking aix issue .But I think this was pressing issue
> for me right now.
>
> I use mkcd to backup AIX os to DVD . My question is what is equivalent to
> /etc/exclude.rootvg for mkcd compared to mksysb. I want to exclude file
> system (application) from backing up on DVD.

Well, you can do a mksysb if rootvg or savevg if non-rootvg volume group,
with your own exclude file. Then you supply that image to mkcd. Ie:

# mkcd -m /path/mksysb.image <any other flags>

or

# mkcd -s /path/savevg.image <any other flags>

-Dan