ADSM-L

Re: licensing (again... :( )

2003-10-09 13:14:44
Subject: Re: licensing (again... :( )
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:13:00 -0500
From: Remco Post [mailto:r.post AT SARA DOT NL]
>since IBM now diffentiates it's TSM licensing fee based on the worksation of
server role a system has in the company, I assume that IBM has some
definition of what that it thinks a server or a workstation is.<

Is this true? The last I heard, licensing is by processor count, regardless of
the software installed. (100 processors' worth of license could allow for 100
installations of TSM server on 100 1-processor boxes, for instance.)