ADSM-L

Re: supress the "more" prompt in dsmadmc

2003-10-09 12:54:38
Subject: Re: supress the "more" prompt in dsmadmc
From: "Bleicher, Thomas" <bleicher AT NETZLINK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:51:21 +0200
Prather, Wanda wrote:

> dsmadmc has two modes, "interactive" and "batch".
>
> You are running interactive, you will get the more prompt.
>
> If you run it in batch, you will not get the more prompt.

I still geht the prompt, even when I execute commands in
batch mode. But redirecting the output to a file or a pipe
works. On Unix systems the following should do the trick:

        dsmadmc -id=me -password=mine q actlog | cat

There is a pipe on MS-DOS as well (at least on my XP system).
I just don't know the DOS equivalent for "cat" and a pipe
to "more" is somewhat pointless ;)

Thomas
Netzlink Informationstechnik GmbH