ADSM-L

Re: DB Mirroring Help Urgently needed - [was Re: how to disable T SM db mirroring?]

2003-10-09 12:05:45
Subject: Re: DB Mirroring Help Urgently needed - [was Re: how to disable T SM db mirroring?]
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:03:56 -0600
- Can you show the output from a DIR command of the "phantom" volume file?

- Can you show the output from the DELETE DBVOLUME command?

- Can you show the output from QUERY DBVOLUME F=D?

About the only other thing I can suggest is to create a new database
volume and mirror that are the same size as the DB5COPY.DSM volume on E:.
Don't make them a mirror of DB5COPY.DSM, but make them new database
volumes. Don't extend the db, but then do a DELETE DBVOLUME for the
DB5COPY.DSM volume. Once that volume is deleted, do you still see the
"phantom" volume?

I don't know what else to tell you. Unfortunately you are running a 3.1
server (if I recall from previous discussion), so you are long out of
support.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Ward, Stuart" <Wards AT BMCMASK DOT COM>
10/09/2003 07:21