ADSM-L

Re: Restore Log file without DB with Exchange 2000 TDP22 !! Urgent

2003-10-08 13:22:33
Subject: Re: Restore Log file without DB with Exchange 2000 TDP22 !! Urgent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:20:31 -0400
Fabrice,

It depends on the state that the restore was left in.
Data Protection for Exchange will allow you to just
restore an incremental backup assuming the database restore
was successful AND left in a proper state.... which is uncertain
in the situation that you describe. You can try the incremental
restore using the GUI or command-line. If it does not work,
it means that the state that the Exchange Server
restore was left in, will not allow it. If that happens,
you will have to restore the single corrupt database again.
If you are unsure how to do this, please call IBM support.

Thanks,

Del

> we have a problem with a corrupt 1 of 4 DB in First Storage Group
> on a Echange server 2000
>
> the restore of the 30 GB of DB was good
> but the restore crash during restore of Log file ( tdp incr backup)
about 12 GB