ADSM-L

Encryption for API clients

2003-10-08 12:59:42
Subject: Encryption for API clients
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:17:57 -0400
We may have to start encrypting backups of some files. It is clear
that we can do this for backups created by the backup/archive client.
Does the TSM API provide the same encryption capability?

We have two types of API clients currently installed: SQL/BackTrack
for Oracle and TDP for Oracle. We may end up installing TDP for
Microsoft SQL Server as well. If the API does not provide encryption,
do any or all of these API clients provide their own encryption
support?