ADSM-L

Point in time restore vs Archiving

2003-10-08 07:02:25
Subject: Point in time restore vs Archiving
From: Henrik Hansson <henrik_hansson AT ALBINT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:01:38 +0200
I have a question regarding an issue regarding Archiving.

Lets say I have a policy that says that I need to do FULL backups days a
week for 4 weeks.
Ofcourse I can do archive each day but then I think I don't use the
functunallety in TSM.

Is there a way of doing incremental backups that covers 4 weeks back in
time?

I have the following settings in my TSM for a backup group

 Backup Copy Groups : STANDARD ACTIVE STANDARD STANDARD

 Policy Domain Name  STANDARD

 Policy Set Name     ACTIVE

 Mgmt Class Name     STANDARD

 Copy Group Name     STANDARD

 Versions Data       5
 Exists

 Versions Data       1
 Deleted

 Retain Extra        30
 Versions

 Retain Only Version 60

 Copy Mode           MODIFIED

 Copy Serialization  SHRSTATIC

 Copy Frequency      0

 Copy Destination    BACKUPPOOL

Do You think this would meet the 4 weeks restore policy.....

Thanx

Med Vänlig Hälsning/ Best Regards
Henrik Hansson