ADSM-L

Re: 100% cpu occupied by dsmserv

2003-10-08 06:05:44
Subject: Re: 100% cpu occupied by dsmserv
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:09:51 +0800
Geetha,
Are you running web browser? or do you see any session with "?" in TSM
Server console - probable causes for CPU 100%.
Further, there is an apar for the cpu 100% problem IC28613.
Ignore the above comments, if you TSM level is above 4.2.1. Pinning of CPU
time by dsmserv happens due to ghost session in TSM. you can always give a
try stop/start dsmserv , if you can afford downtime.
Still need some assistance , send me snap shot of ur process (unix level).
Stgpools issue, storage pool (default is backuppool) setup in ur TSM server
seems to be full.
you can setup next storage pool (may be a tape / DSAD pool) to migrate
storage pool data , this must solve your storage full problem provided if
you dont have space contraint.
Hope this help you.

Thanks and regards,
Sreekumar P.Pothula
Strategic Outsourcing
IBM Global Services
Notes ID : 9pothula AT sg.ibm DOT com , Voice : Office  : (65)  6840 2637
                                                                   Mobile :
(65)  9271 0345
- Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't  have  film.

                      Geetha Thanu
                      <geeta AT CDFD DOT ORG.I        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      N>                       cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      10/09/2003 06:05
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi gurus,

I am very very new to tivoli.suddenly today dsmserv is occupying 100% of
cpu.the server is installed in sun machine with solaris 8 as OS.Pls
suggest what to do.shld i have to stop and start the server.
I attempted to take a back up of a client whose storage pool was full.
I got the error
ANS5092S server out of data storage space.

Pls help.what to do next

thanks in advance
Geetha

-