ADSM-L

AW: Minimizing Restore Time Using Backupsets

2003-10-08 04:13:05
Subject: AW: Minimizing Restore Time Using Backupsets
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:14:17 +0200
Hello,

check at least folllowing possibly limiting factors:

        - how long does it take to create a backupse (simple test it)
        - is the restore time eventually limited by the speed the old NAS
can
        create files? test it - copy a bunch of small files from a
workstation to NAS
        and look how the copy(=restore) speed is.

regards
Juraj