ADSM-L

Re: p650 with TSM anyone using it?

2003-10-07 11:24:16
Subject: Re: p650 with TSM anyone using it?
From: Julian Armendariz <julian.armendariz AT HBFULLER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:22:02 -0500
We are running a p650 with 2 procs and 4GB of RAM with 3 Fiber HBAs for
disk and tape I/O and 2 10/100, 1 1000-SX ethernet adapter.  It is
backended to a HP XP1024 with about 250GB of disk.  It is connected to a
3494 library with 4 3590H drives.  We have about 120 clients running
Windows, UNIX, and Netware with some TDP for Oracle.  Our database is
15GB with 72% used and we backup approx. 400GB a night.  This server can
easily accommodate more servers once we add more disk.

Julian Armendariz
System Engineer - UNIX
H.B. Fuller
(651) 236-4043

>>> tkim AT MFSP DOT COM 10/6/2003 2:49:00 PM >>>
I am doing some calculation on TSM server sizing and I was wondering
if
anyone is using p650 to run TSM. If you do run it about how many
clients
do you have on it and what configuration for the p650?

Thanks for your help!

Tae