ADSM-L

Re: Strange TSM 5.2 server versioning

2003-10-07 04:48:27
Subject: Re: Strange TSM 5.2 server versioning
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:46:39 +0200
Hi,

>From the readme file supplied with this level:

* $$1 Admin Client Incorrect Server Level Display
*****
The command line administrative client will not accurately report the
current level of the storage agent or the server.  An example of the version

information displayed by the command line administrative client is:

"Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 0.0"

The display should actually be:

"Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 1.0"

To accurately display the server or storage agent level that the
administrative
client is connected to, issue the command "QUERY STATUS".  The version
information reported on the query is accurate.  An example of the
the version information displayed on this query is:

"Storage Management Server for <platform> - Version 5, Release 2, Level 1.0"

This display limitation will apply to the administrative
client for future PTFs and patches for Version 5 Release 2
of the server or storage agent.  This will be corrected at the next
version or release of the product.

Regard,

Karel