ADSM-L

Re: LTO external labels

2003-10-06 15:10:42
Subject: Re: LTO external labels
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:08:49 -0800
Our offsite storage vendor uses their own bar-code labels to track inventory
from multiple customers and they use standard paper-based self-stick laser
labels, I have cartridges with more than two years of service and no
peeling. The vendor applies the label to the top surface of the cartridge,
the only issue was that I had to make sure the vendor applied the label with
the barcode oriented front to back (aligned with the right edge of the
cartridge) because the barcode reader on my ADIC Scalar 1000 angles
downwards at about a 45 degree angle it was reading the barcode of the
offsite storage vendor first when the slot above the cartridge was empty.

This transmittal may contain confidential information intended solely for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly
us immediately by reply or by telephone (collect at 907-564-1000) and ask to
speak with the message sender. In addition, please immediately delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.