ADSM-L

Re: OS X Insert Key

2003-10-03 22:14:15
Subject: Re: OS X Insert Key
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:51:45 +1000
On Saturday, Oct 4, 2003, at 09:09 Australia/Sydney, Jason Lee wrote:

Yup, that's no problem.. the issue is using the line editor inside
dsmadmc. I *wish* there was a key sequence like in vi rather than
having to use the dreaded insert key.

Well, if you're a fast enough typer, ^[[28~ should do it... where '^['
is escape (cntrl-[, or cntrl-3, for those of us unlucky enough to have
to use terminals with no escape key...).

Of course, another option would be another terminal emulator that
supports key re-mapping. These days, I only ever use xterms on my Mac
OS X laptop. Through judicious use of xev and xmodmap, you can pretty
much re-map anything, anywhere. Of course, my laptop already has an
insert key (fn-F7).

There are others out there - GLTerm springs to mind, but since my
laptop is too old to run it (graphics card), I don't know what it is
capable of.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke