ADSM-L

Re: Drive not backing up on NT client through scheduled backup

2003-10-03 11:19:57
Subject: Re: Drive not backing up on NT client through scheduled backup
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:17:54 -0400
The usual cause of that is NT permissions.

The scheduler (usually) runs under the system account; it requires access to
the root of the D: drive.

It works when you do a manual backup because you are running under the
current logon id, which has probably has different access rights from the
system account.