ADSM-L

ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.

2003-10-03 11:19:29
Subject: ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:55:21 -0400
Hello,

I have one client who's backup takes forever.
It starts the backup, but it's losing and reopening the session all the time.
I opened pmr with tech support around two months ago, and after exchanging so
many e-mails with them they told me I have a NETWORK PROBLEM, and I have to
involve network group with sniffer. This answer I heard couple of times
already. When they don't know what to do they say: "You have a network
problem". When you ask them what to look for in network analysis they say we
are not network debugging company.

Client: Win NT4 Server ; TSM Client 5.1.6.0
Server: Win 2000 Server; TSM Server 5.1.7.2
Backup over WAN (Internet); Firewall on both sides; On my side (TSM Server;
opened only port1500-works with all other clients; on his side NOT SURE?? )
Schedule running in Polling mode - Client contacts server

Already tried to change network card from Auto negotiation to 100 full-duplex;
increased commtimeout to 120s and idletimeout to 20min
Tried to install TSM Client to one of the laptops in his office-same problem;
so I do believe it is network problem; BUT WHAT??????
By the way, this client doesn't complain about any other network related
issues.
I suspect it has to do something with firewall on his side?????

This is a part of e-mail from tech support:

Hello Joe,
I have reviewed your data...
dsmerror.log:
ANS1006E TCP/IP write error on socket = 668, errno = 10054,
reason : Unknown error
sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
ANS1006E TCP/IP write error on socket = 668, errno = 10054,
reason : Unknown error
ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.
ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.
ANS1810E TSM session has been reestablished.
dsmsched.log:
Retry # 1  Normal File-->         8,920,390 \\<servername>\d
$\Userdata\AcroReader51_ENU.exe
** Unsuccessful **
ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.
successful
tracefile:
TcpFlush: error 10054 during send.
ANS1006E TCP/IP write error on socket = 668, errno = 10054,
reason : Unknown error
Send Verb: 08/26/2003 23:10:53.375 [511] : session.cpp         (2376):
...error
sessSendVerb: Error sending Verb, rc: -50
>>From the above info, you are definatly experiencing a Network related
problem as you can see from the above info, we are trying to send the
data and we loose our TCPIP windows which results in the error: The
problem could be with any of the following:
> Network Traffic Flow.
> TSM Client Network Card.
> TCPIP protoco

Joe Crnjanski