ADSM-L

Re: TSM Operational Reporting Tool

2003-10-02 06:23:45
Subject: Re: TSM Operational Reporting Tool
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:21:47 +0200
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:08:11 -0400
Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I have just installed TSM's Operational Reporting Tool and I am having
> problems with the email notification connection.  It keeps telling me that
> it is having problems with the SMTP server name.  Here is the information
> I have been given for the 2 mainframe servers that I am trying to connect
> to and email from.  Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?  I though I was
> entering the correct information, but apparently I am still missing
> something.  I have tried this by entering the IP address for either
> b390.highmark.com or cpub.highmark.com without any luck.  Thanks in
> advance!

Ok, if I understand you correctly, you are trying to monitor the TSM service
on these mainframes and trying to mail their admins. I'd use
igate.highmark.com as the SMTP server (maybe there is one internal to your
company as well).

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams