ADSM-L

inc backs up all files after restore

2003-10-02 04:11:52
Subject: inc backs up all files after restore
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:09:50 +0100
Hello TSMers

A question regarding how TSM monitors files that have changed..

On win2000, TSM client 5.1.5.2, we have found that if we lose a drive and
have to do a complete restore onto a new disk (but with same windows drive
letter), the first time we do a inc backup, everything gets backed up.

So what is TSM using to determine that the files have changed ?

As you can imagine , when this happens on a 300Gb, 1.2million file drive,
the last thing we want is another backup of all the data.

TIA