ADSM-L

Re: Backupsets on FILE devclasses: Mobile or not?

2003-10-02 04:10:03
Subject: Re: Backupsets on FILE devclasses: Mobile or not?
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:07:31 +0100
Allen,
The particular client manual will tell you what local device if any is supported
for backupset  restore.
For example my netware backupset restores do not support locally attached
devices so  have to been done over the network.
Of course at the server end the backupset can be on a file device or tape
whichever is convenient
John

asr AT ufl DOT edu on 10/01/2003 03:59:08 PM

Please respond to "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT ufl DOT edu>