ADSM-L

Re: restore/retrieve optimalisation

2003-10-01 08:16:06
Subject: Re: restore/retrieve optimalisation
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:14:10 +0200
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:49:45 +0800
"Pole, Stephen" <Stephen.Pole AT HEALTH.WA.GOV DOT AU> wrote:

> Maybe this will help.
>
> Try this
>
> Redbook SG246844
>
> Disaster recovery Strategies using TSM
>
> Section 8.3.3 page 179
>
> "Tape storage pools

Which is more or less the information that the concepts redbook also gives.

What I was unable to find is how TSM handles a restore wrt tape mounts.
There is no statment whatsoever that the number of tape mounts is reduced as
far as possible for a single restore session.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams