ADSM-L

3590 slot access problem

2003-10-01 04:55:33
Subject: 3590 slot access problem
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:17:27 +0530
Hi,

I have a 3590 E11 drive shared by 2 RS/6000 servers say server A & server B,
running AIX 4.3.3 and TSM 5.1. I have a peculiar problem on this drive.

The ACF magazine has total 10 slots but server A can not access (labeling,
check-in operations are not possible) slot number 7 & 8 (TSM level slot
number 38 & 39). If I just place 2 tapes in these slots, the LIB reports no
volumes available to label.

If I try to use the same drive with server B running AIX 4.3.3 and TSM 5.1,
server B can access these slots (i.e. labeling, check-in operations are
possible). If I place 2 tapes in these slots, I can label the tapes in slot
no 7 & 8.

Can someone help me out why is t happening ?

Thanks & regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services(India)