ADSM-L

Re: Unidata DB on IBM RISC 6000

2003-09-30 18:15:04
Subject: Re: Unidata DB on IBM RISC 6000
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:12:42 -0500
Joe,

You can use TSM to backup Unidata. The following are the methods we have
used over the years. All involve the use of preschedule and postschedule
scripts.

1. Stop Unidata, backup the DB file system, re-start Unidata
2. Issue the dbpause command, backup the DB file system, issue dbresume
3. Mirror the DB file system, break the mirror and backup the static copy.

Option 3 is probably the best and is what we do. I would be happy to share
our experiences with you.

Thanks,
Rick Saylor
Austin Community College