ADSM-L

Re: TSM Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly

2003-09-26 09:41:02
Subject: Re: TSM Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly
From: D. Malbrough <dmalbrough AT GIGA-STOR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:41:05 +0000
Stephan,

Yes, this is a message that happens quite often with Windows clients. I have
seen that this happens when the server is rebooted overnight and upon start-up
TSM has problems starting the TSM Scheduler service again. Under the Scheduler
properties and the 'RECOVERY' tab, set  'First Failure: to Restart the Service'
and 'Second Failure: to Restart the Service' as well. Sometimes it will restart
the service automatically if it dies. It's a hit-or-miss scenario.

Regards,

Demetrius Malbrough
Tivoli Certified Consultant