ADSM-L

Re: SV: Remove IPX

2003-09-23 12:34:00
Subject: Re: SV: Remove IPX
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:32:18 +0300
At which version???
Going back to v4.1.x there was "unwanted feature" of the client - when the
hashed password contained \x00 somewhere, it was misinterpreted as ASCIIZ
string end and the hash was resulting "wrong password" errors. Later the
client was fixed and hash was interpreted as binary.

Regarding the IPX - are you sure the TSM client is not configured to use
IPX to the TSM server? Or that Netware servers (especially NDS root
master) are reachable over IP? There ought to be some tracks in the logs
other than "it does not work after XXX", shedding some light *why* it
doesn't.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Flemming Hougaard <flhou AT NETVAULTING DOT COM>
23.09.2003 10:16