ADSM-L

Lan-free and ACSLS

2003-09-22 15:20:43
Subject: Lan-free and ACSLS
From: Paul van Dongen <paul AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:17:27 -0300
Hello list,

    Sorry to bother you with this simple question, but I needed a quick
response and thought some of you could have been through the same
situation:

We want to use TSM to do all of our backups. We have a STK 9310 library
with 9940B drives. The goal is to move this library to a SAN
environment, with a TSM server (on *NIX) controlling the library and a
number of lan-free clients doing their backups to the 9940 drives.
To accomplish this, is TSM's ACS support enough or is another solution
(Gresham's EDT) needed?

Thank you all in advance for your attention

--
Paul Gondim van Dongen
Engenheiro de Sistemas