ADSM-L

backup stg pool not giving scratch tapes back.

2003-09-22 13:38:20
Subject: backup stg pool not giving scratch tapes back.
From: John C Dury <jdury AT DQE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:37:58 -0400
We currently have 2 TSM servers. TSM1 is where all our clients backup to
nightly. TSM2 is where the backup stg pool command backs up the data from
the previous nights incremental backup. TSM2 is *only* used as a server
storage pool for data from TSM1. It has considerable more tapes than TSM1
and more storage but it currently only has 12 scratch tapes left. I've
looked at everything I can think of and can't figure out why there aren't
more scratch tapes available on TSM2. From my understanding TSM2 should
only have a copy of the data in TSM1 and nothing more but it looks like the
data in TSM2 isn't being expired or something. Anyone have any suggestions
on what else to look at? It's probably something really simple that I just
keep overlooking!
John