ADSM-L

Re: SQL query to retrieve Administrative Scripts

2003-09-18 11:38:26
Subject: Re: SQL query to retrieve Administrative Scripts
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:38:10 -0400
>Not really a hard one, but what is the SQL query I could use to retrieve and
>put into a text file
>all my administrative scripts from the database?

You don't want what a Select would produce - too awkward.
Do 'Query SCRIPT * FORMAT=RAW OUTPUTFILE=____'.

The better overall approach to server scripts, which tend to be large and
complex, is to maintain them in OS files where they can be best edited
without the error-prone UPDate SCRipt method, then replace the script in
the server with DELete SCRipt and DEFine SCRipt Script_Name ...File=File_Name.
I've been using that approach for years and find it optimal.

  Richard Sims, BU