ADSM-L

how to migrate tsm best from w2k to aix

2003-09-18 09:43:38
Subject: how to migrate tsm best from w2k to aix
From: TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:28:01 +0200
hello,

we would like to migrate tsm server from w2k to aix.

so there is the export/import function in tsm.

environment:
w2k, tsm 4.2.1.8
aix 5.1
3584 with about 5 tera bytes of data.
only one client node to handle with about 50 milions files and a lot of
directories backed up.

one thing, that makes us some headache is, that the tsm db is about 80 Gb
in size and we can not estimate, how long it will
take to export the tsm server.

any other ideas how we could get migrated best?

do you recommend an update to tsm 5.1 before or after the migration?

how long  it  will take?

please answer, if you have some experiences on migration tsm server to
another os.

thank you.

with best regards

stefan savoric