ADSM-L

Re: APAR IC36566 for MVS Server 5.1.7???

2003-09-17 13:11:01
Subject: Re: APAR IC36566 for MVS Server 5.1.7???
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:10:54 -0400
I keep hearing this (maybe it was from you !) but can not attest to this.
This is not the way it is supposed to work.....

I have never had any problems with CA-1 recognizing tapes as scratch when
TSM scratches them.

You need to check your configuration to make sure you are using the
propert exit to handle the tape scratch/deletions. For example, under
SERVER OPTIONS, I have "DeletionExit       TMSTMSTV" coded.  Are you
perhaps missing this ?

Also, do you have DSM/TSM defined as an EDM in CA-1 ?

Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
09/17/2003 08:33 AM