ADSM-L

Re: WIN2K client only using 1 CPU for scanning.

2003-09-17 11:48:40
Subject: Re: WIN2K client only using 1 CPU for scanning.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:47:50 -0400
>That's not exactly what he asked about, Richard. He's referring to the
>TSM client application being able to open multiple CPU threads, not
>multiple TSM sessions.

Mark - I understand that the question was about CPU multi-threading,
       and multi-threading is the basis of the Multi-Session Client
feature, introduced in 3.7, which I cited.  The redbook exposition on
the feature explains that it can result in multiple Compare threads,
which is the phase at issue in the posting.

By all means, feel free to post supplementary information regarding
multi-threading which could aid that customer in understanding and
improving his backup performance.

  Richard Sims, BU