ADSM-L

Re: IP question

2003-09-17 10:38:50
Subject: Re: IP question
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:38:28 -0500
Bill --

It may be too late for you (unless you REALLY want to revisit the dsm.sys
files again :-) but we use CNAMES in the DNS for our TSM server. So the
dsm.sys refers to adsm.nibco.com and this is a cname to thames.nibco.com --
and, in our D/R process, the cname gets changed to point at
colorado.nibco.com. No need to revist the dsm.sys files on all the systems.

We have a cname for each of the four network interfaces on the TSM server.

The other thing we've done is semi-standardise our dsm.opt. All systems (I
think -- been a while since I looked :-) reference 'adsm-server' in the
dsm.opt. This is the first stanza in the dsm.sys (of the four) but it isn't
always the same server name; some point to adsm; some point to adsm-bu1 (a
gigabit feed); and some point to adsm-pri (a dedicated 100 Mb network).

Just a thought for when you get a bit of free time <g>, and something for
others to think about.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc