ADSM-L

WIN2K client only using 1 CPU for scanning.

2003-09-16 10:35:39
Subject: WIN2K client only using 1 CPU for scanning.
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:35:15 -0500
Good day everyone,
We have noticed a couple multiprocessor Windows clients having only 1 CPU
pegged to almost 100% while scanning during backups. The culprit process is
dsmcsvc.exe. The systems have a very large number of files but are not
transferring any significant data. We have upgraded one of these systems to
4 CPUs from 2 and are experiencing the same thing, cpu 3 is pegged to 95%
for about 3 hours and 2.5 hours of this is only scanning.

TSM Windows client version 5.1.5.15
TSM server      5.1.6.2

 I was under the impression that the TSM clients were multithreaded. But I
can not find any documentation that specifically identifies multithreading
as part of the client. Only that it will run on either single cpu or multi
CPU systems.

If anybody can shed some light on my dilemma, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,