ADSM-L

Re: media mount not possible

2003-09-16 10:10:22
Subject: Re: media mount not possible
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:11:56 -0300
Hello Bill,
support for LTO Generation II drives was added
in the 5.1.6.1 level of the server. This is described
in the server README file.
Once at a supported level, delete and redefine
the drives in TSM so they are properly recognized
as LTO II drives. They are most likely recognized
as "generic" drive now which would be the cause
for the ANR0535W message.
Later,
Rejean Larivee
IBM TSM/ADSM Level 2 Support
Phone : (506) 638-7103  Tieline: 710-7103  Fax : (506) 638-7209
Email   : rlarivee AT ca.ibm DOT com

                      Bill Zhang
                      <aicc_us AT YAHOO DOT CO        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  media mount not
possible
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      09/15/2003 09:13
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

hi all

TSM Server 5.1.5
Client 5.1.5
AIX 5100-04
Tape Library 3584 with 4 3580 drives

I have 15 LTO 2 tapes in the library.
I used Webadmin GUI to label the tape thinking they
are checked in also, becuase I can see them in the
Library Volumes window.

I set the "MAX number allowed  scratch wolume" to 15
for the tape pool 3584TAPEPOOL1.

mount limit is DRIVES

When I tried to make a full backup, it pop up a
message
"server media mount not possible" and in the log, it
says

ANR0535W  insufficient mount points available to
satisfy the request.

I don't know what is wrong.

many thanks for your help

Bill