ADSM-L

Re: ANR0566W Retrieve or restore failed for session 41415 for nod e DD ADB212 (DB2/AIX64) - file was deleted from data storage durin g retrieval

2003-09-16 08:07:40
Subject: Re: ANR0566W Retrieve or restore failed for session 41415 for nod e DD ADB212 (DB2/AIX64) - file was deleted from data storage durin g retrieval
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:07:12 -0400
>Richard, we had neither expiration nor delete processes at this time,
>what about migration ?

Rene - Migration *should* not be a factor: as long as the object is in the
       designated storage pool hierarchy, whether being shifted around or
not, you should be able to restore it... that is the product's promise.
If it's not working, that would be a rather fundmental defect, but I don't
find any APARs on msg ANR0566W at the IBM site, so *seems* unlikely.

I would query for the object, from the client or server, to determine whether it
is still in the storage pool hierarchy.  If it still is, then I would open a
problem report with IBM, gathering info as to what was going on in the server
at the time.

  Richard Sims, BU