ADSM-L

Re: SAP R3 DB2/AIX Restores

2003-09-15 18:57:38
Subject: Re: SAP R3 DB2/AIX Restores
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:55:24 +1000
Lindy

Follow standard procedure,

watch your process, analyze the bottleneck, see what tuning knobs you have to
ease the problem.

One that I recently had was that the AIX admin changed an "no" parameter and so
I could no longer negotiate the TCPBUFSIZE that I had specified.
Another case was with DB2 and client compression, the compression was using
100% of CPU on each process. Third CPU was idle. Possible solutions, backup in
three processes or turn off client compression, I chose to turn off compression.

It could be any of a hundred things.

regards

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA 15/09/2003 21:19:45 >>>
Hi TSMers,

We have recently configured our TSM server and clients on a private lan with
gigabit connections. Our backups i.e aix filesystems are running at 1gb per
minutes , but when we do a restore it runs at 1gb per 5 minutes. How can we
optimise the performance for the restores ? Also when restoring a DB2
database from TSM it takes a long time, how can we improve this ?

Any ideas ???

Thanks.

Regards.

Lindy Crawford
Information Technology
Nedbank Corporate - Property & Asset Finance
*+27-31-3642185
>  +27-31-3642946
> *lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za <mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za>

This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and
proprietary information.  This information is private and protected by law
and accordingly if you are not the intended recipient you are requested to
delete this entire communication immediately and are notified that any
disclosure copying or distribution of or taking any action based on this
information is prohibited.

Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses. The
sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any interception
corruption destruction loss late arrival or incompleteness of or tampering
or interference with any of the information contained in this email or for
its incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever reason or for its
effect on any electronic device of the recipient.

If verification of this email or any attachment is required please request a
hard-copy version

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipients(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or
lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is
transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipients(s), or if you have received this e-mail
in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by
return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail message and destroy any hard
copies produced.