ADSM-L

TDP for Informix

2003-09-15 17:05:52
Subject: TDP for Informix
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:05:35 -0700
Hi list,

I have to put the TDP for Informix to work on a AIX 4.3.3 machine connected to
a W2K TSM Server 5.1.5.

So far I have installed at the AIX machine the TDP for Informix, the API and
the BAClient. I tried to run the tdpipswd program to generate a password but I
get an error saying that the user or the password are incorrect:

*       TDP for Informix Backup                               *
* Password file initialization program                        *
*>> this must be run by the ROOT user if updating the value <<*
Enter your current password:
Enter your new password:
Enter your new password again:
*** Server signon failed: ANS1353E (RC53)   Session rejected: Unknown or
incorrect ID entered

Also, I am a little confused about the nodename. Should the nodename be
different for the BAC and the TDP ?

Any help is appreciated.

Mario