ADSM-L

Re: DSMFMT takes forever ( 15 hours). 100 gb

2003-09-12 04:44:42
Subject: Re: DSMFMT takes forever ( 15 hours). 100 gb
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:42:08 +1000
On Friday, Sep 12, 2003, at 08:58 Australia/Sydney, Adrian Hicks wrote:

We have never had a prob. on JFS2, it whizzes along well. Are you
formatting a single 100Gig SP ?? Personally I'd break it up into at
least 4 volumes ??

Problems seen with just `dd' and large files, and also with Oracle.
Appears to be vmtune minperm/maxperm/maxclient/strict_maxperm AIX
filecache tuning issue. I'll investigate it one of these centuries
when I have some spare time and a test/victim system.

So not strictly a TSM topic, but of interest nonetheless. Anyone
interested, we can take this off-list.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke