ADSM-L

W2K, ACL's and Active Directory questions

2003-09-12 03:48:17
Subject: W2K, ACL's and Active Directory questions
From: Alex den Hartog <dukeherd AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:32:58 +0200
I hope someone can shed some light on this:

We are trying to figure out if it's possible to do a restore of -only- the
file permissions of a file or directory on a Windows 2000 server. The actual
file still resides on the server, this file doen not need to be replaced nor
restored, but ONLY the permissions and security-info of that file or
directory need to be restored. Is this possible?

My second question is about Active directory. To what extent can you restore
different objects from within the AD structure? OR is it only possible to do
an entire file restore from the AD server? Do I need to set it up
specifically for the AD-server?

Thank you in advance for your help.