ADSM-L

Different problems related to TSM5.2.0.X

2003-09-11 11:17:56
Subject: Different problems related to TSM5.2.0.X
From: Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:17:33 +0200
Hi,

Maybe has anyone of you the same problems.

Environment 1:
2 * win2k TSM V5.2.0.1 servers sharing a library (S.A.N. Attached 3584Lib).
This was upgraded from TSM 5.1.7.1.
Starting as of the upgrade performance went down on the web interface and
admin command line (windows client / linux is fine) Further more canceling
restore sessions brought the TSM server down with a core dump. Further more,
for those who like it, the dateformat 2 will not work anymore.

At this time we were building a new environment (other physical location).
There will be a Netapp filer, which we want to back-up with NDMP and use
file level restore available as of TSM 5.2

Environment 2:
2 * win2k TSM V5.2.0.2 servers sharing a library (S.A.N. Attached 3584lib).
The previous mentioned Web and Admin client problems are still there, as is
the dateformat 2. Restore problem could be there (we haven't tested that
yet). But, a new problem has come up. For some reason the TSM servers will
FREEZE. At first we hold the database back-up which has started when all
drive were in use by migration (diskpool overrun) and back-up stg tape -
copypool. Today it seems to be unrelated to the database back-up and the
number of available drives, it froze when only one migration, one backup
tape- copy and one back-up job were running, with plenty of available tape
drives. The sad part is that in the actlog, or anywhere else for that
matter, nothing is logged why this is happening. Show deadlock says "No
deadlock" found.

For this moment:
- Call for Restore Problem: -closed, work around in place (not killing
restore jobs);
- Call for FREEZE: - output on request send to Tivoli Support and today the
call upgraded to higher prio;
- Call for DATEFORMAT: - call opened today;
- Call for performance admin en webclient: - call opened today (high prio).

Just some info.

Regard,

Karel