ADSM-L

Upgrade TSM 32-bit to 64-bit

2003-09-11 09:39:58
Subject: Upgrade TSM 32-bit to 64-bit
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:39:27 -0400
I am running TSM 5.1.7.1 on an RS/6000 B80 using 32-bit. We will be getting
a new p650 server and would like to move to 64-bit. All the TSM storage
pools and database/log volumes are on a separate disk drawer that would move
to the new p650 system. I was going to install 5.1.7.1 on the new system,
import the VG's and as long as the DSMSERV.DSK and DSMSERV.OPT files point
where they are supposed to things should come right up.

Now I would like to make the p650 instal 64-bit, mostly because it will come
pre-installed with AIX 5.2. Can I install the TSM server 64-bit code and use
the same database/log volumes or do I need to restore the database using the
64-bit system?

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??