ADSM-L

Re: [tsm] Re: Problems with TSM on Linux Server

2003-09-11 02:14:44
Subject: Re: [tsm] Re: Problems with TSM on Linux Server
From: Deon George <dgeorge AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:14:13 +1000
I would suspect that your problem is with RedHat 9.

RedHat 9 is different to all the earlier RedHats, in the RedHat
implemented a different threading methodology in the kernel. (Hence
everyday Java doesnt run either.)

I would back down to at least RedHat 8 - but preferably RedHat 7.2 or
RedHat 7.3. (I've run TSM quite happily on RH 7.2 and RH 7.3)

Since you are not using any tape hardware, RedHat 7.x should run very
well. If you want to use tape hardware, then you will have to go to kernel
2.4.9-31 for the drivers to load (and be supported).

...deon
---
Have you looked at the A/NZ Tivoli User Group website?
http://www.tuganz.org

Deon George, IBM Tivoli Software Engineer, IBM Australia
Office: +61 3 9626 6058, Fax: +61 3 9626 6622, Mobile: +61 412 366 816,
IVPN +70 66058
mailto:dgeorge AT au1.ibm DOT com, http://www.ibm.com/tivoli

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/09/2003
11:40:15 AM: