ADSM-L

reorg offsite data - noncollocated to collocated

2003-09-08 10:59:34
Subject: reorg offsite data - noncollocated to collocated
From: i love tsm <ilovetsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:58:30 +0100
Hi all

Hoping someone can help with this "opportunity" we have...

For a number of our existing clients we have changed them from using
non-collocated to collocated storage. Obviously the next step is to use the
move nodedata command to move the old primary data across into the new
primary collocated storage pool. This data will then get backed up to the
new collocated copy storage pool we've set up.

The problem is how do I delete the data for the nodes that will still reside
in the old non-collocated copy storage pool.?   I don't want to use delete
volume because the data is spread over lots , i.e 70+, tapes, and these
tapes contain data for nodes we want to leave noncollocated.

Wish there was move nodedata command for copystgpools !

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

TIA

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess